Contact Us
Accessibility aaa

What is an Education, Health & Care Plan?

Education, Health and Care Plans (EHC plan) identify educational, health and social needs and set out the additional support needed to meet those needs.


EHC plan is for children and young people aged up to 25 who need more support than is available through special educational needs support.

What are Special Educational Needs?

Special educational needs (SEN) that affect a child’s ability to learn can include their:

  • behaviour or ability to socialise,
  • reading and writing,
  • ability to understand things
  • concentration levels
  • physical needs or impairments

Children and young people should receive special educational needs (SEN) support at their school or college.

One Planning can assist with making sure the right support is put in place for a child or young person with Special Educational Needs.

If you feel your child/ young person is not receiving the support they need you can ask your local Authority (Essex County Council ) to carry out an assessment for an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHC Plan).

Who Else can make a request for an EHC Plan?

A request can also be made by:

anyone at your child’s school

  • a doctor
  • a health visitor
  • a nursery worker

Contact us today for an informal chat or more information

  • Call us TodayTelephone: 01245 608300
  • Text or Call us TodayText / Call: 07506 566856
  • Email us TodayEmail us:
  • Contact us Through PostPost: iSEssex, Moulsham Mill, Parkway, Essex CM2 7PX